I started a memory jar last year on my birthday, and filled it up! It’s so cool reading them now. I’ve changed so much this year, and experienced so many new things. I’m glad I did this because there are things I would’ve forgotten had I not written them down. Sidenote: it is indeed in an almond butter jar #fitblrproblems ;)
My thoughts while running:
10 minutes before: “Just 5 more minutes, then you can go!”
5 minutes before: “Just go back to sleep. Run tomorrow!”
1 minute before: “I don’t want to do this.”
10 seconds in: “Wtf am I doing.”
30 seconds: “Ohmygosh, I can’t do this.”
1 minute: “Don’t stop! Don’t stop!”
5 minutes: “This isn’t so bad!”
10 minutes: “Scratch that, this fucking sucks.”
13 minutes: “Maybe I should take a little break.”
13 minutes and 1 second: “Eff that, I’m a beast!”
15 minutes: “WHEN I GET HOME I’M GOING TO RIP OFF ALL MY GODDAMN CLOTHES.”
20 minutes: “Why do I do this to myselfffffffffff?”
25 minutes: “What would Jillian say, what would Jillian say.”
30 minutes: “It doesn’t matter how fast you go just don’t stop!”
35 minutes: “SCREW WAITING TIL I GET HOME, I’M GOING TO RIP OFF ALL MY CLOTHES RIGHT HERE.”
35 minutes and 1 second: “Okay, maybe that’s a bit extreme.”
40 minutes: *almost in tears* “I’ve never been so happy to see my house!”
*collapses on couch with the biggest glass of water*
Not only have I started my day off right, it’s pouring rain out now. The run was brutal, but along the trail a couple of different people said good morning to me, it was so cute. It’s like there’s an early-morning-run-club or something lol.
Trying my first ever papaya right now :) I tastes really strange… a lot like a weird type of melon. I’m not sure how I feel about it, since I’m not really a fan of melons. I just decided to try it when I got groceries today!
Also, excuse my crazy hair right now, haha.
I woke up at 7 for no reason at all and just decided to go for a run! I did 3 miles in about 40 minutes, so it wasn’t my best, but it was beautiful outside. It feels so good to get back on track because I hadn’t run in so long. Now I’m nicely enjoying some breakfast and running endorphins!
I hope you all have a kick ass day :)
Some family friends came over and are very vocal about their thoughts.
First thing completed on my summer bucket list!! :) I was so nervous about getting it done, but it didn’t hurt all that much. I got it on Wednesday and decided to drink that night which was a bad idea because I kept forgetting that I had gotten it done and kept touching it, which would be why it hurts so much now lol.
Today I had my last exam of 2nd year and now the fun begins! I really want to do a lot more this summer to try and beat the amazing one I had last year. Some highlights of last summer: Going on my first cruise and seeing ancient Mayan ruins, reading over 20 books, seeing Ke$ha and LMFAO, and going to my friend’s cottage. Hopefully I can top that and I’ll keep you guys updated as they happen!
1) Run 100 miles.
2) Roadtrip to Florida with my high school besties.
3) Read 30 books.
4) Catch up on my favourite TV shows.
5) Master 3 piano songs.
6) Start volunteering.
7) Go to a concert.
8) Get a piercing.
9) Go camping.
10) Complete crow pose in yoga.
11) Learn how to do a handstand.
12) Try my utmost hardest not to get a sunburn.
13) Watch the sun rise and set in the same day.
14) Grow a flower.
15) Prank my guy friends.
16) Get a 12, which is equivalent to an A+, in one of my summer classes (I’m taking Music in Film, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and hopefully Music Therapy).
17) Let loose and make a fool out of myself by having fun and being happy.
18) Get out of my comfort zone, meet new people, try things doing things that scare me (but still be smart and safe about things, YOLO won’t mean shit if I’m dead).
19) Tell someone how I really feel about something I’ve kept to myself.
20) Just live :)
“But what can you eat if you don’t eat meat!” This is just a small, small list of things I eat on a regular basis. Clearly I’m not deprived or malnourished.
1) Oatmeal (Overnight or Microwave) with Almond Milk
a) Almonds, apple, cinnamon
b) Chia seed mix, blueberries, cinnamon
c) Almond butter/peanut butter, jam
d) Walnuts, craisons, cinnamon
e) Vanilla hemp protein, almonds, cinnamon
2) Shredded Wheat
3) Toast with almond butter and banana
1) Green smoothie
2) Pita and avocado
3) Pita and almond butter
4) Spinach salad
5) Beans and veggies
6) Avocado, tomato, spinach toasted sandwhich
1) Bean chili
3) Tofu, salad, sweet potato fries
4) Veggie Burger, sweet potato fries, small salad
5) Cooked spinach and onion, tofu, mixed veggies
6) Spinach, tomato, onion soup
7) Falafel, pita, hummus, salad
8) Spaghetti squash, cooked spinach, tomato, onion, falafel
9) Beans, corn, avocado, quinoa, salsa
10) Asian stirfry: red peppers, water chestnuts, baby corn, carrots, broccoli, tofu
11) Vermicelli rice noodles, sweet soy sauce, tofu, salad
12) Quinoa, avocado, tofu, red peppers
Write about 3 things that you are grateful for:
- Greek friends
- Greek cooks
- Greek Easter
Journal about the positive things that happened to you today:
- Slept in
- Went grocery shopping (so many bananas and avocados, nom!)
- Ate SOOOOO much Greek food (All vegan! My friend told her mom about me, and she went out of her way to cook me the most awesome foods. I had falafel, hummus, potatoes, spinach rice, fruit, veggie kabobs, etc etc.)
- Watched the latest Shrek movie for the first time
- Watched Horrible Bosses
- Currently watching the Vancouver/LA hockey game!
- Had such an amazing, social day with my friend’s lovely Greek family.
Exercise for at least 30 minutes:
Too stuffed to move, waking up early tomorrow for a run though!
Meditate for at least 5 minutes:
Before bed :)
Perform a random act of kindness:
Bought my friend’s mom flowers for Easter, and helped with the dishes :)
Today was so amazing. I loved how close my friend’s family was. It was such a nice change, and I felt so welcome into their home. They were so considerate about my eating habits, and even though they offered me some of the other food, they didn’t force it on me or question my choices. It was just such a nice day, but I ate so much my tummy hurts! Oh well, it was worth it :)